With the latest release of Toffee, you can collaborate on your functional testing projects with coworkers, whether they’re in the office next door or on the other side of the world. You can also save your test results to the cloud, so that you can share them with your clients, stakeholders, and developers.
Collaboration requires you to:
- Purchase a subscription for a team.
- Invite your coworkers to join your team.
- Create test campaigns and assign team members to them.
Lets explore these new terms in a bit more detail.
A campaign targets a single web application or property for functional testing. Each campaign houses its own script library, and assigns role-based permissions to campaign participants:
- Viewers can only view test scripts and test results.
- Testers can do all that viewers can, plus they can run test scripts, but not edit them.
- Authors can do everything testers can do, as well as create, edit, and delete test scripts.
Campaigns created for paid Professional teams can save script results to the cloud, so that even if you log off and log back in again, your results are there for you to review and share.
Every campaign is owned by a team. A team is group of users who can collaborate on campaigns. Everyone on a team is either:
- An organizer, who is responsible for managing campaigns and team membership; or
- An active member, who can work on any campaign owned by the team; or
- An inactive member, who can be activated to work on a team as needs allow.
Team organizers can create an unlimited number of campaigns for any given team.
Teams are created by purchasing subscriptions for a number of seats. The number of organizers plus the number of active members is bounded by the number of seats subscribed. Both monthly and annual subscription terms are available, and you can cancel your subscription at any time.
But I’m a freelance QA professional. Why would I need a team?
Individual Toffee accounts are free, and will remain so. With a free Toffee account, you get author-level access to a single Default Campaign where you can write and store your scripts. But you cannot:
- organize your work into multiple campaigns, or
- save your script results.
If you’re a freelancer who wants these features, you can purchase a subscription for a one-person team. If you want to share your test scripts and results with your clients, create one or more multi-member teams, and grant your clients viewer access to the testing campaigns you’re building for them.
Again, individual Toffee accounts are and will remain free. Pricing for teams is based on the team level (currently only Professional-level teams are supported), the size of the team, and the subscription term:
- Monthly subscriptions are $100/seat/month.
- Annual subscriptions are $1080/seat/year, which is $90/seat/month (a 10% savings per month over monthly subscriptions.
Subscriptions are self-service; all that’s required is a valid credit card, processed through a secure, PCI-compliant third-party provider (Stripe). We do not store your credit card information anywhere on our servers. However, if you would like to pay by purchase order (required for teams of 200+ members), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Create Your Team Today
To create your own team-based subscription, as shown in the video above:
- Visit https://app.toffeetesting.io/teams.
- Enter your Toffee Composer email username, and password. (If you do not have a free Toffee Composer account, click the “No account? Sign up here” link to create one).
- The “My Teams” page appears (also available under the main menu). Click the button in the lower right corner to add a new team.
- Enter a team name and number of users, choose a subscription term (annual or monthly), accept the terms of service, and click the “Pay” button.
- Provide your credit card information in the dialog that appears.
- Provision your new team by inviting your coworkers to join your team.
If you have any questions at all, please contact us at email@example.com.